It has become common for Zeumic to be requested to carry out works on existing websites which rely on differing domains, hostings and website applications (hereinafter referred to as Web Infrastructure(s)) from those recommended and used by Zeumic. Notwithstanding the differing Web Infrastructure(s), Zeumic is fully able to work with your pre-existing Web Infrastructure(s) even if they are not in your portfolio with us (Zeumic WebEngin, Domains & Hosting; www.webengin.com.au).
However, as a result of the numerous background differences between the various Web Infrastructure platforms, Zeumic is unable to guarantee proper working and intended outcome of works if your web infrastructure is hosted with another provider.
This is due to, and results from, other providers (not including different versions and extensions);
- Having an array of different hosting (Control Panel) systems such as;
- Having the same hosting (Control Panel) systems however with different configurations, restrictive configurations and/or missing parts.
- Having an array of different domain name management systems handling compliance and government requirements differently.
- Having an array of different website applications systems such as;
PHP Content Management System (CMS)
- Other website applications systems such as;
Zeumic quotations are predicated on the cost of carrying out works based on Web Infrastructure(s) of the same type(s) as those routinely supported by Zeumic.
Therefore, due to unforeseen issues arising with your current provider, Zeumic may not be able to guarantee either the price of works or the ETA of works; and it should be noted that these types of difficulties may arise with any provider you go to.
In the event your existing Web Infrastructure(s) are either compatible with, or migrated to, Zeumic domains and hostings platform Zeumic WebEngin, Zeumic is able to:
- Guarantee Price
- Guarantee ETA
- Guarantee compatibility across the various services
- Guarantee intended/proper working
- Guarantee ease of future upgrades.
In order to optimise your future dealings with Zeumic, it is strongly recommended that you migrate your existing Web Infrastructure(s) to those utilised by Zeumic as this will, ultimately, minimise costs, minimise turnaround time, and facilitate upgrades.
If you wish to commence works with Zeumic while your existing Web Infrastructure services are with another partially compatible (or potentially incompatible) provider, please note the following conditions;
[Zeumic will make every effort to keep you informed of progress during works so that if the estimated costs of the works blow out we can cancel and refund you the remaining balance, if applicable.]
- A base surcharge of 25% applies. This is to account for additional time and difficulties with the learning curve of a different web infrastructure system. This surcharge, depending on the research required to complete the work, can potentially be raised.
- Additional charges (possibly on top of may apply prior to work commencement due to differences in systems and our understanding of the required additional work and/or workarounds which may prove to be required. This may be based on precedence on working with your Web Infrastructure, experience with like Web Infrastructure, and/or a combination of these.
- Additional charges may apply after the works are essentially completed due to differences in systems.
- As a result, full payment must be received before commencement of the work.
- Even then, the Outcome of the work may not fully function as intended.
- In cases where we find it is not possible to deliver the Outcome based on your existing Web Infrastructure, and you prefer to terminate, Zeumic will refund the portion of payment left after our costs (wages, equipment, admin, and other overheads) are deducted.
- Having mixed services for Web Infrastructure Vs Website Works Vs Email means that if you encounter a situation that requires co-ordination between the various providers you will likely experience heavy downtime/delays and consultants blaming each other for incompatible functionality.
- In some cases Zeumic may not accept the work due to excessive time and costs required to develop on a different infrastructure.