Password reset for G Suite users:
When a user with Administrative access of your organization forgets the password for their managed Google account, or if you think the account has been compromised, you can reset the password by following the below instructions.
To reset the password of another administrator, you must have Super Admin privileges. If you have Super Admin privileges, follow the same steps as above for resetting a G Suite user account password.
If you can’t sign in to the Admin console and need to reset your own administrator password, follow the below instructions:
- Open the sign in/recovery page and enter the username you use to sign in to your administrator account.
- Click Next. If you don’t know your username, click Forgot email?. Then follow the instructions to access your account using your recovery email address or phone number.
(Tip: Click “Try another way” in the recovery flow if you can’t answer some questions.)
If you don’t see recovery email or phone options, it could be for one of these reasons:
- You didn’t add this information to your admin account before.
- Your organization’s Google account has more than 3 super admins or 500 users.
If email and phone options aren’t available:
- Ask another admin in your organization with Super Admin privileges to reset your password using the Google Admin console.
- If you can’t ask another administrator for help, answer the questions about your Google Admin Account and your organization’s Google account. You don’t have to answer all the questions correctly to be able to verify your domain. Then, follow the instructions by Google to verify your domain.
Note: If you purchased your domain or chose a domain that’s free for one year when you signed up for G Suite, contact support using this form by Google.
- If you don’t see the questions about your account, this most likely means one of the following:
- Google systems don’t have enough information about your account to verify the correct answers to the questions.
- You recently made too many attempts to answer some of the questions.
- Contact support using this Google form (G Suite only).
Important: If your admin account didn’t have a recovery email address or phone number, make sure you add these recovery options to your account once you’ve signed in to the Admin console.
See also How to reset a Google Account Password.
*Images and Support Courtesy:Google