How to Add Images to Content
- Login to the backend e.g. www.yoursite.com.au/wp-admin.
- Either create a new article, or edit an existing article.
- Once within the article editor, click ‘Add Media’
- Click the upload files tab and upload your images
- Fill in details for title, alt text and description
- Click ‘insert into post’
- Login to the backend e.g. www.yoursite.com.au/administrator.
- Dropdown ‘Content’ (top menu) to Article Manager
- Either create a new article, or edit an existing article
- Once within the article editor, select the ‘Insert/Edit Image’ button (see image below)
- Click the ‘Upload’ Button (See image below (1))
- Note: You will need to resize your image appropriately before uploading (usually no larger than 800px wide).
- Refer to the Recommended Software
- Go to Number 46, Image Resizer Clone and download
- You can view usage instructions here: Software Quickguide, under ‘Image Resizer’
- Add alternate text (3) (what the image is called, and what will come up as a caption)
- Add image dimensions (2) in pixels (how big the image will appear, usually 200 to 400 width)
- Next to Alignment, select how you want your image to be aligned (usually right)
- Click the ‘Insert’ button
- Continue Editing or Save the article