Vulnerabilities Close Out
* The Detection is established from the Hack Repairs (Files Inspection) but it may not be the only vulnerability or may not be the vulnerability that stops the Hack.
** Software Updates may lead to the site breaking down, this is usually due to website and/or template overrides
See 5.2 Security
Research and Other
There is a possibility that the vulnerability close out doesn’t work. In this case we need to research and do more, this becomes development.
Some problems that might occur are:
- Websites can be hacked multiple times if it is hard to find vulnerability
Website has been Hacked
Has your Website been hacked?
Don’t panic, we can help you!
How can we help?
We can analyse the problem for you and provide a quick fix in the form of security updates. As this is only temporary, you will likely need to assess the security of your website for the long term.
To reduce the chance of future hacking occurring the best solution is to upgrade to a newer version of website software.
Additional things you can do:
- Purchase a maintenance package from our website. For pricing and information please see Maintenance.
For more information on how to keep your website safe, visit Website has been Hacked
Default settings for WordPress leaves a new setup vulnerable.
Generally, hacked WordPress websites are more common.
- It is recommended that the username be changed from default “admin” to something random.
- A random password.
- Change the location of the login page.
- Upgraded WordPress security.
It is possible that a security breach could happen to an online business, as it is possible that it could happen to any business even ones without a website.
When working with Zeumic only you/your staff and Zeumic have access to your website. Apart from your Zeumic Project Manager; all Zeumic staff do not have access to usernames or passwords even to carry out checks and works.
The way to defend against a hacker is:
- To keep the website software up to date.
- Keep your own antivirus and operating system fully up to date.
- And if your website experiences enough demand that it builds up a large database of customers then Zeumic recommends upgrading security in terms of additional software measures and procedural measures.
First thing first though, it is more likely you need to dramatically increase advertising and information on the website to increase conversion. Please see this document about risk and return; Risk & Return