What is a cPanel IP Block?
If you are unable to login, and have ensured that both username and password are correct, it is likely that you have been cPanel IP blocked. There are many reasons for this, the most likely is that:
- The system believes that you have attempted to login 30 times.
This may be the result of:
- A poor internet connection which is attempting to log you in with the wrong credentials every time you reconnect
- A poor configuration which may have attempted to log you in automatically with the wrong credentials
The system is led to believe that you a hacker, conducting a brute-force attack.
How to resolve this block?
- Find out what your IP address, we recommend utilising Zeumic’s What is My IP Address
- Email this IP address back to your Domains and Hosting Provider (we recommend WebEngin) with the subject “cPanel IP Block”
- Your Domains and Hosting Provider will recommend for a permanent unblock of your IP address on that server.
Should this not resolve the block, further investigation will be required.
How can I prevent this in the future?
Often the reason behind such IP blocks is secondary devices configured to an old password. You should check all your secondary devices and ensure that their credentials are all up-to-date.
It may also be a poor internet connection which is attempting to log you in with the wrong credentials every time you reconnect. In this case you may have to contact your Internet Service Provider.